Wednesday, May 13, 2009

About Me and This Blog

Well, here I am. I've never kept a diary, never blogged before. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it going.

Synopsis:

My life until eighteen or so was pretty ordinary. I was raised in a Catholic, Republican, middle class family, and I didn't think much about any of that. I liked Math and Science, and was a pretty good student. Everything started to change when I entered college. Much like the Caddy Who Hurt His head While Thinking, I listened to classmates in my new environment, and started pondering what I heard. The more I thought, the more my head hurt. I would lie awake nights having debates with myself. Eventually, I decided that belief in a Supreme Being didn't make sense, and that religion, especially organized religion, was bunkum. That created a vacuum that needed to be filled. I arrived at my own "philosophy," with a few axioms: The world is what we can observe with our senses and our brains, there must be an explanation for everything whether we know it yet or not, and the Scientific Method is the best tool that we have for finding it. Eventually, I discovered Ayn Rand, and then moved on to Libertarianism. I still have a lot of questions, and I hope to answer some of them through this journal. Sometimes I'm "in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike [or maybe all different]." It's very dark in here. Where's the light switch?

CrackerBarrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment